Ultra Compact UC160-190
The world’s smallest recirculating chiller, ideal for laboratory, lab automation, medical, laser, CCD cameras and many other applications.
Given its small size, UC160-190 integrates easily inside many enclosures. Universal power input for worldwide use.
Current customer applications:
- low light CCD camera
- diode lasers
- OEM medical equipment
- laboratory equipment
- microtiter plate temperature control
- point-of-use temperature control
Why choose UC160-190?
- Reliable, Refrigerant-Free Thermoelectric Technology: With lifetimes exceeding 200,000 hours, the thermoelectric modules at the core of this chiller make for ultra-high intrinsic reliability
- Fits Inside Your Equipment: UC160-190 is less than one-sixth the size of its nearest competitor, measuring 7.5 x 5 x 7” (19 x 13 x 18 cm) and weighing only 8 lbs (3.5 kg)
- Precise Temperature Control: UC160-190's digital PID control holds to ±0.1 °C through a range of 2 to 45 °C, even near ambient
- Easy Operation: Its standard, easy-to-use RS232 communications interface and digital controller for fixed temperature control or temperature cycling make operation of UC160-190 simple.
- Energy Efficient: Less than one-fourth the power usage of the nearest competitor (<200 W AC power)
- Air-cooled: Does not require house or facility chilled water. Can operate in any standard room, laboratory or office
- Lower Heat Load: Available in capacities from 160-190 Watts, well below the economical range of refrigerant-based chillers
- Versatile: Universal power input - so OEM's need only one model for world-wide use. Multiple fluids: 27% propylene glycol solutions (preferred), ethylene glycol solutions
Universal power cord with power supply. Ten standard cords are available at no extra charge.
2 to 45 °C: (160/180W models)
10°C to 40°C non-condensing
|Stabillity/Repeatability:||± 0.1°C with constant load (even near ambient)|
|Cooling Capacity:||160 to 190 Watts @ 20°C (20°C ambient)|
|Noise (at 1 meter):||< 63 dBA|
|Coolant / Process Fluid:||Koolance (27% propylene glycol / water mix)
or 27-50% ethylene glycol / water mix
|Process Fluid Fittings:||1/8" female CPC quick connect with shut-off valve|
|Pump:||Magnetically-coupled gear pump with
brushless DC motor
|Tank Volume:||75 ml with level sensor (optional sealable cap)|
|Wetted Materials:||Aluminum + polymers or Copper + polymers|
|Size (L x W x H):||7.5" x 5" x 7" (19 x 13 x 18 cm)|
|Weight:||8 lbs (3.5 kg)|
|Power Input:||Universal: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.8 amps max|
|Power Consumption:||less than 200 Watts|
|Operating Voltage:||13.5 VDC, 15 amps max (universal input, laptop style power supply included)|
|Communications:||Keypad or RS232 interface|
|Alarms:||Temperature, fluid level, system or component failure (display, RS232 and dry contact)|
|Standards:||TUV listed to UL, CAN/CSA and EN 61010-1,